A Thousand Words A Day

A writing journal _____________________________ PROFESSORBLOG@HOTMAIL.COM

writing: _ Christian Writers _ _ NaNo _

reading: _LibraryThing_ _ BookCrossing _ _ My local library _ _ Another nearby library _

blogs: _ Lorie Rees_ _Itinerant Iconoclast_ _ Rita's Ravings _
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Reader, writer, podcast listener, and TV watcher. And real nice guy.

Friday, May 02, 2003

This is another of Cameron's assignemnts from her books and workshops and writings, that have been translated into a pair of books. I did not actually read the books, I listened to audio versions of the books, read by Cameron. So I guess what I got more closely resembled her lectures or work shops, which are audio experiences, anyway. So here we go.

If it weren't so selfish, I'd love to try . . . this is a tough one, because I am not terribly selfish that I see. Maybe I could think about places to go that I could spend time writing or spending time by myself . . . is that the point of this question? Well, I will try to give it an honest answer,so.

If I weren't so selfish, I'd love to try getting a Ph.D. and a real job at a distinguished university.
If I weren't so selfish, I'd love to try visiting my old schools in my old home state
If I weren't so selfish, I'd love to try taking a long stretch of time with nothing but a pencil and a lot of paper and do some serious writing
If I weren't so selfish, I'd love to try hiking the Appalachian Trail with my child.
If I weren't so selfish, I'd love to try taking a tour with my family around the USA

If it weren't so expensive, I'd love to try getting a Ph.D.
If it weren't so expensive, I'd love to try finding my old house in Thailand
If it weren't so expensive, I'd love to try taking the family to Hawaii for a week
If it weren't so expensive, I'd love to try take my family to the best restaurants in the area
If it weren't so expensive, I'd love to try finishing up my comic book collection and organizing and caring for it properly

If it weren't so frivolous, I'd love to own a big screen TV with all the digitla cable channels
If it weren't so frivolous, I'd love to own a big fishtank that sits in the wall
If it weren't so frivolous, I'd love to own a new, custon-designed kitchen
If it weren't so frivolous, I'd love to own XM and an XM walkman
If it weren't so frivolous, I'd love to own a nice set of lawn equipment

If it weren't so scary, I'd love to tell M that M needs to change M's life all the way around
If it weren't so scary, I'd love to tell K that I would like to write about K's
If it weren't so scary, I'd love to tell D that I would like to write about D's life and interview D
If it weren't so scary, I'd love to tell S that S was way out of line in the mast meeting me were at
If it weren't so scary, I'd love to tell B that B is an awful boss and really needs to find another job

If I had five other lives, I'd love to be a young single adult again
If I had five other lives, I'd love to be a serious comic book collector
If I had five other lives, I'd love to be a "hobbyist" in the TFHITW manner
If I had five other lives, I'd love to be a stand-up comic
If I had five other lives, I'd love to be a writer . . . . . . . . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home