A Thousand Words A Day

A writing journal _____________________________ PROFESSORBLOG@HOTMAIL.COM

writing: _ Christian Writers _ _ NaNo _

reading: _LibraryThing_ _ BookCrossing _ _ My local library _ _ Another nearby library _

blogs: _ Lorie Rees_ _Itinerant Iconoclast_ _ Rita's Ravings _
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Reader, writer, podcast listener, and TV watcher. And real nice guy.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Status Report

I'll talk in depth at some point about each of the projects, but here is where I am in each of my novels-in-progress.

Wanted -- A thriller -- This one is complete, at 105,000 words, and most charpters are in their second or third draft. Two friends are reading / editing / critiquing the latest version now, and I have my mind set on December as the month to do (maybe just begin?) the full rewrite and I dream of sending it out to agents or publishers in 2006.

Soulmates -- A light romantic drama -- This was my 2002 NANO novel, and is about two-thirds complete, now at 60,000 words. I have it outlined to the end, but have not added more than a scene or two in the last year.

Nowhere Man -- A thriller / romance / coming of age thing -- This was my 2003 NANO novel, and is also about two-thirds complete, standing at 58,000 words. I have been written a few scenes the last month or so, but am at a crux point in the plot, and might be a little worried about the next scene or two. But I know I have to just push on through.

Country Church -- A drama -- This one is about one-third done, about 31,000 words. This is my first attempt at multiple POV, telling the story from the varying perspectives of 5 people in a small church community. All of the others are more limited in the POV, so I think this structure is tougher for me, which is keeping my slowed down on making more progress on this one.

ASL -- A light romance -- This one has just not gotten far, at about 6,200 words, but I really like the story, so I keep it on my list. I am considering junking it and re-writing it as my 2005 NANO, if I do NANO in 2005. But I'm not sure yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger M. L. Archer said...

Wow! You've been at this awhile! I never even kept a diary before because I'd quit after two weeks. Nice work! Also, your status report is super! I had no idea you were up to so much! Hope to see you in print soon! Rock on, baby!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Thanks for the kind words, Michele!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home