A Thousand Words A Day

A writing journal _____________________________ PROFESSORBLOG@HOTMAIL.COM

writing: _ Christian Writers _ _ NaNo _

reading: _LibraryThing_ _ BookCrossing _ _ My local library _ _ Another nearby library _

blogs: _ Lorie Rees_ _Itinerant Iconoclast_ _ Rita's Ravings _
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Reader, writer, podcast listener, and TV watcher. And real nice guy.

Monday, October 24, 2005

The Non-Sequel It Is!

For my NANO '05 project, I have decided to go with the non-sequel. This is a work in process currently called "LOL," which I am going to re-title "A/S/L" for the re-write. I am scrapping the few thousand words I wrote a couple years ago, tossing out those notecards, deleting the file, and starting from scratch in just about one week.

The BIG IDEA for the work: "What is Community?" A guy gets heavily involved in the virtual/chat world, making "virtual friends" in a range of "virtual communities," much to the detriment of his real-world relationships with a serious girlfriend and her powerful rich father, who has always had high hopes for the match. The girlfriend's best friend plays the role of Greek Chorus/Conscience, pointing out that deep community only exists among real-world people, and that the deepest community of all only exists in the body of Christian believers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just browsing and found your blog. Very Nice! I
have a psychic reading site. You can find everything about psychic reading as well as numerology and astrology to help you find your soul mate or lost loved one. You'll find it very informative. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
Rod

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home